ENGLISH 12 PROVINCIAL EXAM:
• Thursday, January 24th – (8:30 to Noon at Royal Bridge High School)
• Sign Up in the Office
• Monday to Friday (Jan 21 to 25)
• Mr. Ion will advise you if you have to take this exam.
• It can be taken any day Jan 21 to 25 (it takes about 2.5 hours)
SCHOOL BULLETIN #1: Winter 2019
We have had a busy start, but everyone is settling into their classes. A couple of things we are highlighting and need to stress:
ATTENDANCE is IMPORTANT: Students who attend classes do very well in school. The more you attend, the better you will do. That is a fact. We are checking attendance and homework carefully – how well you do this first month will usually predict how well you will do in the entire course.
DO NOT LEAVE the SCHOOL during BREAKS: Not to smoke, not to hang out. Of course, you can leave at Lunch Time and of course you can leave if you have no class the next period. But if you have a class after a break you need to stay on the 3rd floor. Being late for class after break is never good!
CELL PHONES: Students who use their cellphones in class to email, text or play games while the lesson is going on are being rude. IF I see someone on their phone, I may take it away and when I take it away it is going to be until 3:30 pm. Leave your phones in your back pack, jacket pocket or wherever. If gaming becomes a problem, I will turn the student WIFI OFF. Period.
NOW…although the above seems like a long list of complaints, we just want you to do well! Your teachers spend a lot of time preparing lessons, so get the most out of them!!!!
Pro D Day: Thursday, January 31st – NO SCHOOL that day.
ENGLISH 12 Provincial Exam: Thursday, January 24th 8:30 to Noon. See Jim if you are not sure if you are registered.
A couple of fun things:
1. We are going Snowshoeing and Tubing on Mount Seymour on Friday February 8th
2. Mr. Mora is looking at creating a Royal Bridge Esports Team to compete in a North American Gaming League. We will keep you posted. Of course, those who get caught gaming in class will not be eligible…AIYA!
All the best!
SCHOOL BULLETIN #2: Winter 2019 (Jan. 11/19)
SCHOOL BULLETIN #3
• DO NOT LEAVE the SCHOOL during BREAKS BETWEEN CLASS: Not to smoke, not to hang
out. Of course, you can leave at Lunch Time and of course you can leave if you have no class the next
period. But if you have a class after a break you need to stay on the 3rd floor. Being late for class after
break is never good!
• DO NOT SMOKE OUTSIDE THE RESTAURANT. You can ONLY Smoke at the SOUTH corner of the
Building – Near the entrance to the underground parking. (look for the No PARKING sign) It is
against the law to smoke “within 7.5 metres of an entrance to a public building or any air intake vent
or operable window for a public building.” (Coquitlam By-Law) There ARE Cameras!